Some Boring Preface

Football is my passion. I love the game. I started playing football when I was quite young, 6 years old or so. My parents bought my first football boots when I was 10. I still remember what brand it was. It was a pair of  Power (BATA) cleats and cost us RM50. I also went to stadiums to watch Malaysian League during those days. My dad used to take me and my younger brother to watch Pahang's matches & since he's a Pahang FA supporter. Of course, we went to plenty of Malaysia national team's matches. Until today, I still go to stadiums to watch Selangor & Malaysia playing whenever I get a chance.

I was born in Selangor. So, naturally I support Selangor FA. Selangor undoubtedly the greatest football team in Malaysian League. Selangor have won 32 Malaysian Cup - competition's most winner. I started supporting them when I was a kid. Back then, my favorite players were Azman Adnan, Rusdi Suparman, & Azmin Azram. Obviously, I liked those first two players because they scored plenty of goals those days. As for Azmin Azram, he was a decent goalkeeper, agile, & had great reflexes.

As for supporting Liverpool FC, perhaps I should thank Michael Owen. He was 18 years old when I first admired his ability. He was young, fast, & a clinical goalscorer. Not long after that, France 1998 World Cup came. Since I was supporting Owen, inevitably I became a fan of Liverpool, hence England as well. Turned out, Owen made a huge impact in that tournament. One goal against Romania and a moment of brilliance against England's great rival, Argentina. I watch highlights & read a lot of news about that tournament at that time. I watched the full match of Colombia vs England. England won 2-0 with Beckham scored his trademark free-kick. Darren Anderton was the other scorer. I also watched the final between Brazil & France. Remember that two header goals by Zidane? Both from corner kicks. Amazing. Petit finished it off with the 3rd goal. My dad was kind enough to let me stay up until almost 5 a.m and watch the whole match.

The first Liverpool's match that I watched live was the Port Vale vs Liverpool (3rd Round 98-99 FA Cup). I remember watching it on RTM2 and it was about 3 a.m in the morning. I watched it alone. I don't remember how I managed to stay up that late. I was hoping Owen would score and he did by converting a penalty kick. Liverpool won 3-0 and Fowler was one of the scorers as well. In 2001, Liverpool won a treble; League Cup, FA Cup, & UEFA Cup. My love for Liverpool grew stronger since that. I knew I've been supporting a right club. I read & watch about Liverpool a lot since then, although, I already knew plenty of Liverpool's players before that. Owen, Fowler, Gerrard, Murphy, Hamann, James, Hyypia, Bjornebye, Heggem, Carragher, Berger, & Redknapp were among the earliest player I got to know. Despite Liverpool haven't won Premier League in a long time, I keep supporting them. Winning another League Cup in 2003 defeating Man Utd is one of my favorite memories as Liverpool supporter. Interesting enough, two of my Liverpool's idols were the scorers; Gerrard & Owen. Of course, without any doubt, 2005 UEFA Champions League Final in Istanbul is the greatest memory ever. I'm glad I decided to keep watching after half-time. Coincidentally, that season was the first Liverpool season that I watched live regularly after my family finally decided to subscribe to Astro services (direct broadcast satellite service). I've never been to Anfield yet, but I'm planning to go there in the future (travelling cost is quite expensive and I'm still a student!).

I watch, play, & talk about football a lot. I have some experience playing in amateur football teams and still playing sometimes. I never really get a chance to play a proper full season of football with training and everything. I play futsal/indoor soccer frequently nowadays though. I'm passionate about the sport anyhow. I'm a keen learner of tactics & gameplay. I love to talk about tactics & analyze matches. Hence, this blog is the place where I can let my opinions be heard. I planned to do this few years back but never actually get started. So, here it is. I'll be posting mostly about Liverpool & Malaysia national football team. I like to do tactical analysis and stuff, but not too detail. I also will be writing anything about football in general. Feel free to drop comments & give opinions.

So, basically this blog is an amateur analysis & views on football matches (mainly Liverpool's matches) or football in general. You can follow this blog using your Blogger/Google account. Also, follow me on my twitter. Comments & opinions are very much welcomed.

Leave a Reply